Fall DIY Home Decor

Happy Friday everyone! We’re getting pretty well into fall now, so much so that it’s actually beginning to feel like it here in Florida. I’m talking like in the 70’s okay, that’s something serious! The picture below is no joke! But by being so far into October I probably need to start decorating a little more before it’s too late and becomes time for winter decorations. Now I’m not the most creative person when it comes to art, but I do love to have fun with DIY projects. That just means that I have to search for activities that are easy but also don’t require too much detail, yet still look (close to) designer fabulous.

I picked up this cute little wooden ghost from the dollar section at the front of Target. I thought it would be something quick and fun to do and still look precious as a little decoration. When I was in the middle of painting it, my boyfriend walked up and said how not scary it looked. My response was that this was going to be a nice ghost :)
    
I found this cute ceramic pumpkin at Michael's, I think I got it for around $6 on sale. Again, this project wasn’t too challenging and didn’t require a lot of detail. I tried not to make it too dark with the colors, hoping that I can get away with keeping it out through November even with it’s silly smile.
I also got these trays from Michael's, but it was last year so I don’t remember how much they were. I found them in the wooden section and they came in a pack together. I painted them white when I got them so they would go with everything. I use these as centerpieces on tables throughout the house and change them up with every season. It’s so much fun to do, super easy, and really cute. I got the acorns for $3 at the front section of Target, the hay for $4 at Walmart, the leaves ($1.99) and squash ($2.99) from Michael's, and all of the glasses came from the 99 Cent Store. I filled the glasses with sand and put tea candles on top to complete everything.
    
Then, wouldn’t you know, as a last minute trip to Michael's they were having a huge Halloween doorbusters sale when I walked in. So of course I couldn’t help myself and had to pick up more stuff! Could you blame me? All three of these items were around .59 each after the discount. Hello!! So again, I tried to keep the pumpkin neutral in order to get away with it the closer Thanksgiving gets. I painted a light pale yellow on the inside centers to keep things light.
 
Apple Barrel Dolphin Grey, My Studio Bittersweet Chocolate
FolkArt Hunter Green, Apple Barrel Vanilla Ice Cream
My Studio Purple, Apple Barrel Dolphin Grey, Jack-O-Lantern, Vanilla Ice Cream

I really like how everything turned out. They were so much fun to do and part of what I love about DIY projects are the stories and memories they have behind them. I hope this gave you some inspiration for your own projects. What is your favorite fall DIY?

And if you had a tough week, take this advice and enjoy your weekend! :)
~Christina~


Don’t forget to follow me on all of my social media!
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google+

Popular Posts