Empties - November 2015

Happy Friday everyone! I seriously cannot believe we are already this far into November! I feel like Halloween was just yesterday. Now Thanksgiving and Black Friday are creeping up on us, and before we know it Christmas will be here and we’ll be starting a new year! I say it all year round, but I think time really starts to fly once we get into the holiday months. Does anyone else feel like that??
Empties.jpg

Anyway, we all know I love products by now right?! I love trying new products, testing them thoroughly, and reviewing them. Usually it doesn’t take me very long when using something for me to know whether I like it or not. However, there’s no better opinion you have until you’ve used up the entire thing. That is what I am here to discuss with you today. I kept my trash for y’all okay, can we just appreciate that for a second?! I have 11 items. I tried not to pile it up too much because then this post would be miles long, so you might see these frequently as I get to around the same amount of items through the months.
I tried to arrange this by category, so while this obviously isn’t the only food item I ran out of recently, I really wanted to mention it because it’s a new discovery to me and I’m completely obsessed. I’ve never tried these until about a month ago and once I did, I kid you not, I ate like a bag a day! Not these huge bags, of course, but the smaller ones you find at the register. I think these might actually be my favorite M&M’s, followed by the mint and the pretzel ones. You need to try them if you haven’t already!
As far as medicine-type items, I finished the bottle of biotin that I’ve had forever and a package of Tums Chewy Delights. I’ve talked about biotin before, so I won’t exaggerate on that now. I have already purchased a new bottle, but it has a nasty smell so I’m in the process of researching that. The Tums Chewy Delights are my boyfriend’s favorite. Sometimes he gets heartburn and indigestion and he says these work the best. He also said they’re good for stomach aches and thinks they taste like candy, which is a good thing when you feel horrible.
This is one of my favorites for making the house smell good and you better believe I bought a new one before this one even ran out! This is the Glade Carpet & Room Refresher. I have mine in the Hawaiian Breeze scent, which is my favorite. I have that scent in different products throughout the house and love it so much! This product is just a powder that you sprinkle on the carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes, and vacuum it up. I’ve even put it on the sofa and recliners and it worked great for that too! It’s super cheap, $1.94 at Walmart, and stays strong for quite a while on the carpet and in the vacuum so I only use it maybe twice a month.
I also finished a bottle of my favorite shampoo, for the ten millionth time! I’ve tried probably every brand in the drugstore and multiple higher end brands, but always come back to Pantene. I love most of the shampoos in their line, but the Repair & Protect one is my absolute favorite! It keeps my hair healthy, smelling good, and super soft. I also have the same conditioner and recommend them both to everyone!
I finished two products from the Clinique Acne Solutions line, the Cleansing Foam and the Clarifying Lotion. I discussed how both of these products cleared my acne in the same article that I talked about the biotin, so I won’t go in detail on that again right now. I also finished my second bottle of the Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser. I’m still unsure whether I’m going to repurchase this or not. It’s about the same price as the Clinique one and is usually excluded from coupons at Ulta. It’s a nice cleanser if you’re looking for something on the more natural side of things. It’s gentle on my skin and feels nourishing, but not strong enough to keep my acne away.
Two other bathroom-related products that I finished are the L'oreal Revitalift Eye Cream and the Oral B Glide Sensi-Soft floss. I would not recommend this eye cream if you are looking for something to firm and tighten under eye wrinkles. I know I’m young, but I do have a few under my eyes and on my forehead from making so many facial expressions in my daily life. I didn’t notice this do anything for those problem areas. However, if you just need something nourishing and moisturizing under the eyes, this did feel really nice. I can’t even begin to think of how many packages of this floss I have gone through. The Glide version is my favorite. I don’t care what anyone says, not all floss is created equal! The Glide line is so smooth and so soft on the gums, it doesn’t hurt or irritate mine at all and actually makes flossing every day more pleasurable. I have tried the store brand of it before and don’t recommend doing that, it wasn’t the same at all!
The only makeup item I have to share that I finished is this sample size of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I know they have different versions of it, but this is the clear one. It was okay, but I can’t say that I recommend it. I think there are other primers out there that do the job better. This is a silicone-based primer, which is what I didn’t enjoy about it. When you put it on the skin, it can feel too smooth as if it’s almost a greasy texture. Also, the packaging was super cute for it being a sample size, but it was so difficult to get the product out! That’s why you can see a little bit still in there that I wasn’t able to get out.

I hope you found this helpful if you were considering any of these products, and if anyone has some insight on the nasty biotin smell I would love to know! What are your plans for the weekend?

This Friday Funny is because I hate math and have realized I never use anything they taught me in school. Anyone else??
~Christina~


Don’t forget to follow me on all of my social media!
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google+

Popular Posts