Ulta Single Eyeshadows Review

Something I never hear anybody ever really talking about is Ulta brand products and I’m not sure why that is. I’ve heard reviews of Forever 21’s makeup line, new H&M products, the Sephora collection, and a couple others. So I wonder why Ulta’s brand is being forgotten about. I’ve collected a few of their single eyeshadows and have used them for years. With the holiday season coming up, I think these would make perfect stocking stuffers! Their normal retail price ranges from $6-8, but they are always having great sales and don’t ever forget to use one of their coupons you can print from their website!
Ulta.jpg

I like their packaging a lot, even though some people might find it inconvenient to open each individual eyeshadow when trying to get a look complete. In that case, you can always depot the pans and put them into a separate z-palette. I also like that the lid is clear so you can see the entire shadow without having to open it to get a better look. Even though one of my poor shadows is broken, the packaging does feel pretty sturdy. I mean, you can only drop a product on tile floor so many times before it shatters into pieces!
These first three are my favorites out of the ones I’m going to talk about. From left to right, we have Naked, Lustre (which even made it into my October Favorites), and Milk Chocolate. Naked is probably my favorite eyeshadow in the whole entire world! I literally use it in multiple ways every time I put makeup on. It’s listed on Ulta’s website as a glitter finish and while it does have some glitter in there, it barely shows up on the skin and looks more like a matte finish. It’s the most gorgeous pearl color and I just can’t get enough of it! As I mentioned in my favorite’s blog last month, Lustre has been one of my go-to’s for putting all over the lid this fall. Milk Chocolate is probably my favorite matte brown color I have ever used. It’s one of those shadows you can apply with a really light hand for a natural look or build it up beautifully to get a more intense color. I also love that it doesn't have any red undertones to it.
Next we have Zephyr, Wisteria Lane, and Turquoise. You could get a gorgeous colorful look out of these three or pair the two purples with Milk Chocolate to really make brown eyes pop! What’s surprising with all of the Ulta shadows I've tried is that the matte ones are more creamy and pigmented. That’s a very rare thing to find! While the shimmer ones are nicely pigmented as well, I had to build them up more than I did with the matte ones. Personally, I really appreciate that because I prefer matte shadows. And if you do too, I highly suggest trying some from the Ulta collection. Turquoise would also be perfect for a pop of color on the lower lash line.
I also have some of their Glitter Top Coats in the shades Put a Ring on It, Fairy Princess, and Gold Digger. My favorite thing about these particular shadows is that they are in a powder form instead of a cream. They do have glitter throughout the product, so you don’t have to worry about any overspray fading away. These can have quite a bit of fallout, so when you know you’re going to use these I would apply them before foundation or have a fan brush handy to gently wipe away the excess.
I also wanted to quickly mention this palette that I received from Ulta for my birthday. When you’re part of their rewards program, you get a free gift for your birthday and they can change for different birthday months. Mine was in January and the gift then was this Complete Eye Eyeshadow palette in Indie. It says on the back that it’s four eyeshadows and a powder liner, so basically you get five eyeshadows. The picture is swatched clockwise from the palette, starting with the middle shade (which you can barely see), then moving to the top left light brown. The middle and top two shades are a satin/shimmer finish, the dark purple has a glitter finish, and the dark brown is matte. Unfortunately, I’m not the biggest fan of this palette. I don’t think the eyeshadows are consistent with the singles. I could barely tell the different shades on my eye and the plum is quite chalky which makes it difficult when trying to use it as liner. The idea and colors in this palette are beautiful, but I just wasn’t impressed with the quality.

Overall, I am a really big fan of Ulta’s eyeshadows and suggest you give them a try, they have plenty of colors to choose from and are convenient to purchase if you have an Ulta near you. The store has testers so you can swatch the shades before you buy. They wear for about 7 hours with a primer before they begin to crease and they are very blendable, even the shimmery shades that aren’t as smooth.

~Mani Monday~
How ironic was it that I just happened to choose an Ulta nail polish for this week? I swear I didn’t plan that for this post! The shade I chose is Ulta’s Bittersweet. It’s a very, very dark purple/red shade. Following Sinful Colors, Ulta has to be my next favorite nail polish brand. These stay on my nails for around 6 days without chipping and I did have to apply two coats. They retail for $6 like the shadows, but are always on sale and eligible for coupons.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful if you have ever considered trying anything from this collection. I'd love to hear your experience if you have and what your favorite shades are! Have a wonderful day!

~Christina~


Don’t forget to follow me on all of my social media!
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google+

Popular Posts